Hi there! Thanks for tuning in to my webinar on using herbs to support female fertility. I’ve included resources & references on this page. Hope you find them helpful.
Did you miss it?
The Herbs for Female Fertility recording will be available to members on the AHG website soon! Are you on Facebook? I’d love to connect on there, too. Click here to find my page :). You can also stay in touch by joining my mailing list, although I am not the greatest about sending things out very regularly! [divider]
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility – book & website by Toni Weschler. The best place for clients to start learning to track their menstrual cycles.
- Garden of Fertility by Katie Singer is another nice option for menstrual cycle charting.
- Article on Paeonia in the Journal of Medicinal Plants & Their Applications from Sylvan Institute of Botanical Medicine (Vol 1, Issue 1)
- ZygoteBody – 3D animation of human body. Very fun.
- Intro to Female Reproductive Anatomy video from AnatomyZone (9:58)
- F.lux – app to adjust blue light exposure on electronic devices
- My instructions for using a castor oil pack, including a handout that you’re free to use if it’s helpful
- Howie Brounstein’s article on herbs & heartbreak. Here’s another good one from the Mountain Rose blog.
Here are a few that may be of interest. This isn’t a comprehensive list (ran out of time!), and please contact me if you need further references!
- Bulletti, C., DE Ziegler, D., Setti, P. L., Cicinelli, E., Polli, V., & Flamigni, C. (2004). The patterns of uterine contractility in normal menstruating women: from physiology to pathology. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1034, 64–83. doi:10.1196/annals.1335.007
- Eckert, L. O., Moore, D. E., Patton, D. L., Agnew, K. J., & Eschenbach, D. A. (2003). Relationship of vaginal bacteria and inflammation with conception and early pregnancy loss following in-vitro fertilization. Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 11(1), 11–17. doi:10.1155/S1064744903000024
Haqq, L., McFarlane, J., Dieberg, G., & Smart, N. (2014). Effect of lifestyle intervention on the reproductive endocrine profile in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Endocrine Connections, 3(1), 36–46. doi:10.1530/EC-14-0010
- Van Die, M. D., Burger, H. G., Teede, H. J., & Bone, K. M. (2013). Vitex agnus-castus extracts for female reproductive disorders: a systematic review of clinical trials. Planta Medica, 79(7), 562–575. doi:10.1055/s-0032-1327831
Van Gestel, I., IJland, M. M., Hoogland, H. J., & Evers, J. L. H. (2003). Endometrial wave-like activity in the non-pregnant uterus. Human Reproduction Update, 9(2), 131–138. (This one is free full text, although not quite as good as the Bulletti article)