Working with Nursing Moms: A Webinar
Are you a holistic practitioner who has clients who are moms? If so, then this webinar is for you. We won’t be discussing herbs and nutrition for nursing women; rather, we’ll talk about what to do one of your clients just happens to be a nursing mom. Even if she is not seeking help with a breastfeeding-related issue, you still need to take the nursing relationship into account when making recommendations. Should you make any modifications to your normal protocol? What questions should you ask? Where you can you go for help if you aren’t sure whether your protocol is appropriate for a breastfeeding woman?
Even if you don’t specialize in postpartum support or women’s health or breastfeeding, you still need to know this stuff! Many women spend years – or even decades – as nursing mamas; it’s likely that some of them will visit your office.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- 3 important tips for working with nursing mothers
- what you need to know when recommending ANY herbs/supplements/dietary changes to a nursing mother
- when you should NOT recommend herbs and supplements
- where to seek help and additional information
- common concerns that arise for nursing mamas and their babies/toddlers
- how to have a breastfeeding-friendly practice (even if you don’t specialize in women’s health)
Sound good? Check out the full webinar now:
Know any other practitioners who have nursing moms among their clientele? <= by the way, that’s anyone who works with women of reproductive age in any capacity. Please let them know about this workshop. There are special guidelines that apply to nursing mothers that affect all practitioners who work with this population.
For a list of the resources mentioned in this video, please see this post.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more goodness.
What do you think?
Have you ever had a bad experience with a practitioner as a nursing mom? A wonderful one? What do you think practitioners can do to create breastfeeding-friendly practices? I’d love to hear your thoughts below or via email. xo