Better late than never, right? I’ve finally finished my week 2 meal plan for October Unprocessed 2012, and I’m excited to try some new recipes this week. Some thoughts on last week’s progress:
- I finally made almond milk, and it was delicious. I added a hearty splash of vanilla and some lovely Penzey’s cinnamon. I also discovered that one can make almond milk with an immersion blender. Yes!
- I also discovered that one can make turkey “sausage” simply and easily from ground turkey vis this recipe. Will definitely be doing that again!
- Is there some trick to de-seeding winter squash that I don’t know about? As much as I love toasted pumpkin/squash seeds, it hardly seems worth the effort especially when one is crunched for time.
- The hardest parts of completely unprocessed eating were a) maintaining variety in snacks (I have a 2 year old who is in the running for world’s largest bottomless pit) and b) changes of plan. One evening Matt came home late, I had to work and it was simply impossible to get the meal done on time. Matt and Henry went out to eat and I had a quickly thrown together veggie/rice noodle bowl. Not ideal, but I did manage to stay unprocessed.
Meal Plan for Week 2:
Goals for this week:
- Explore additional unprocessed dessert/sweet options for unexpected cravings
- Make extra soup/chili/etc for freezing
- Continue exploring with nut milks
- Rebound from missing our regular farmer’s market on Sunday. Perhaps try a semi-close one on Thursday?
Hope you enjoy the meal plan! Check out last week’s meal plan here.